Across the Industry
Services Victoria is developing ‘Council in a Box’, a digital tool for Victorian councils to deliver services to ratepayers. Read more about the project here.
Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) wireless technologies are being utilised in Victoria to manage water networks using digital meters. Read more about this project here.
You can join other government entities around Victoria in the open data program. Publishing data enables greater transparency, saves time and makes planning more effective. Data can be uploaded in as little as one to two hours by following this guide.
You can also view data sets on Open Council Data’s interactive map.
Every week we scan all government tender sites in Victoria for interesting IT opportunities. Here’s a sample from the past week.
- Victorian Fisheries Authority : Licensing and Quota Management System (VendorPanel)
- The Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine : Body Management System (Buying For Victoria)
- Mildura Rural City Council : Asset Management Data System (Tenderlink)
- City of Melbourne : Customer Contact Technology Modernisation (Tenderlink)
- Latrobe City Council : Supply and Maintenance of Printer and Photocopier Hardware (eProcure)
Dave Shackleford and Subbu Somasundaram discuss the zero trust approach to cloud access management. Watch this event on demand here.
Use Dataverse for Teams to create PowerApps at no additional cost. Limited to 2GB, these environments provide a simple way of getting stared in the Dataverse.
Wanting to move to Intune for user device management, but scared to leave the old world of applying group policies? This example on setting up roaming profiles in Intune (Endpoint Manager) shows how easy it is.
That’s all for this week. Send any topics you would like us to research to email@example.com.